An End to My RDP Woes ?

| No Comments | No TrackBacks

I've previous mentioned using RDP to control my Cortex computer remotely from both XP and now my Mac. But I have suffered an issue when restarting Cortex under RDP.

Another Idratek user tipped me off that exporting audio to the remote client (ie the Mac) might be the problem. But when I tried configuring all exports to "none" the problem was still occurring.

However, whilst fooling around tonight trying to make my modem produce audio output I happened to notice that one of the sound devices listed was RDP. Seemed strange, given that the settings were "none". So I changed the settings in the RDP client to explicitly leave the sound on the host computer and then tested by restarting Cortex a few times - bingo - end of problem !

Thanks very much Paul :-)

No TrackBacks

TrackBack URL:

Leave a comment

About this Entry

This page contains a single entry by David published on October 12, 2007 11:58 PM.

Finished Curtains was the previous entry in this blog.

Internet Time and Cortex is the next entry in this blog.

Find recent content on the main index or look in the archives to find all content.